Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Week in Photos :: Random

 Winter is no longer coming.  It is here.  And with that, the extra blankets on the bed are a must.  The patchwork quilt is Stephens.  Years ago, a kid came into the shop and traded this wonderful quilt (made by his mother (it is embroidered Love Mom)) for a pipe.  Sad but true.  The knitted patchwork blanket was made for me by my Friday Night Knit Group back in Indiana.  I love it!  (Yarn:  Cascade 220 Superwash)

 We have added a new road to our morning walks to change things up a bit.  This section of the Weyerhaeuser Road runs along the river.  The dogs love going down to the rivers edge.  The sound of running water is one of my favorites.

Christmas Eve found us gathered at the home of friends.  Their 20th gala.  It was a blast.  The best part for me was Crow's Old Fashioned (his coffee drinks are also awesome).  It took me back to my childhood.  My grandfather drank Old Fashioneds and Manhattans.  I often think of my Grandfather (usually while I am doing dishes (he had strong opinions on the proper way to wash a dish)) and this drink really made me miss him all the more.

The Christmas Newt.
Why did the Newt cross the road?
He didn't, the car got him first.
Sad but true.

Scout walks the line.  And yes, she keeps a close watch on that heart of hers.

Fletcher has started playing the didgeridoo.  He is currently hosting auditions in the garage for his own band.  Fletcher and The Hives is his current "working" band name.  Contact me for more information.

The holly berries are huge!  We have five large holly trees that brighten the landscape with their bursts of red.

1 comment: