Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Saber Tooth Mountain Curs

 
Little did we know that when we rescued Scout and Fletcher that we were rescuing two designer dogs.  They are Saber Tooth Mountain Curs, a rare breed of dog.  Part wing nut and part sweet pea.  Scout is of the miniature variety and Fletcher is not.  In fact, I was not convinced that he would ever stop growing.  We liked to think of him as our own baby dinosaur.  Scout tends to display more features of the sweet pea, whereas, Fletcher is almost 100% wing nut.  He really only has two speeds.  Zero and eleven.


If you follow me on Instagram (smashingtheserene), you know that I like taking pictures of the hounds...a lot of pictures.  Here are some of my favorites.


Stuffed animals fear Scout.  She has many nicknames.  Princess Monkeybutt and Mistress Muffin are my personal favorites.  She is named after Jean Louise Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.


Fletcher also has many nicknames.  Mulch Mouth and SweetMess are my favorites.  He was named after Irwin Maurice Fletcher from a series of books by Gregory McDonald.  As you can see, Fletcher is a natural in front of the camera.  Scout is a bit more timid and often will not look directly at the camera (or iPad).


The two of them love the new place. They have almost two acres to explore and terrorize.  Our little terrorists keep some of the critters at bay.  Fletcher is quite the mouser and the lizards do not stand a chance with Scout around.  They have treed quite a few raccoons and the poor birds have learned not to land on the ground or fly in to low.  Knock on wood, we have not had any run-ins with the skunks.  It will happen, but hopefully, not for quite some time and we hope that it will not be a frequent occurrence.


Here the hounds are waiting patiently for some freshly baked dog cookies.  We have started making our own (super easy, healthy and cheap).  I was going to share photos and the recipe here but I forgot the cord to download the photos from my iPad, so that will be a separate post next week along with the new dog beds I made for them.  I do have a photo of my first attempt at making the cookies, they were not pretty but the dogs loved them.  In fact, it was as if they knew that the cookies were for them while I was making them.  Sitting patiently, watching and waiting.  Good dogs.


1 comment:

  1. Great post Fox! I was looking for Dog Beds for Large Dogs when I came across your blog and I'm definitely happy I did because I absolutely love dogs so I love looking at pictures like yours. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete