Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mabon

Today marks the fall equinox. Also know as Mabon to us Pagans. The Pagan Thanksgiving, a celebration the second harvest and the return of balance. Equal night. Honoring the looming darkness and expressing gratitude for the waning light that sustained the growing season.

This year we are celebrating with a potluck dinner and a gathering of like minded folks around our fire. As the wheel of the year is winding down, my thoughts are spinning around what it really means to live a life in balance.


For the last couple of weeks I have been taking time to reflect, think and plan.

Reflections of where I am currently : mind, body and spirit.  Thoughts about where I want to be this time next year : mind, body and spirit.  Plans on how I am going to get there.  I am out of balance and working toward equilibrium.   As the wheel of the year is turning I am more committed to living sustainably and restoring balance in my life.  Eating seasonally and locally.  Charting the year by the seasons and celebrating the gift and miracle of the cycle of life.


3 comments: