Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Outtakes

I am a couple of days late on "my week in photos".  The problem is that I broke the camera on Thursday with all the pictures on it.  I had been using Stephen's Kodak DX7590.  I was taking some photos and the strap got caught on the back of a chair and went flying right out of my hand and then bounced along the kitchen floor.  The lens does not want to operate properly now.  So, it is back to the Sony point and shoot for me until I can afford a better camera.

So, last week was was uneventful in these parts.  I finished up my resume; started a rough draft of my cover letter (it is still a work in progress); lined up my professional and personal references; and started to apply for jobs.  My goal is to apply for at least two jobs a day.  I am hoping to start hearing back from some of them soon.

Stephen was busy chopping wood, painting the bathroom and perfecting our chicken pot pie recipe.  This last pie was the best one yet.

As I was going through my photo library, I thought this weeks theme would be "The Outtakes".  I have taken numerous photos since I started this project back in November.  So, here are some of my random favorites from the last few months.














How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. I especially love the poppies picture above!! So amazing how beauty can start off a log(?) or a piece of lumber!

    Funny we are making chicken pot this weekend. Do share your recipe. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually our fence and those are lichens. I have seen them called British Soldiers and Lipstick Lichens. My plan is to use that section of the fence in the chicken yard to preserve the lichens. Word on the street is you can dye with that variety.

      I will send you the recipe.

      Delete