Monday, August 20, 2012

on & off the needles

I am happy to report that I have some finished objects to share! My self imposed "really should finish before the calendar year is up" list is shrinking.

First, I finished my Rikke Hat before our trip to the Midwest.  I used what was left of the madelinetosh merino light from Clockwork.  They look fabulous together!  The nights are getting cooler and cooler here in the Pacific Northwest and they both are the perfect weight for evenings spent outdoors.

Pattern:  Rikke Hat by Sarah Young
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Well Water & Steam Age

While staying at my Mom's house, I was able to felt her constant companion.  Her bag was made from the scrap yarn left over from the bags I made myself and both my sisters.  Felting is one of my new favorite things.  Sadly, my washing machine is a front loader.  While my mom would love it, returning to Indiana just to felt would be expensive.  I have begun the mental rearranging of our "laundry room" to add a small washer just for felting.

Pattern:  My Constant Companion by Janet Scanlon

I am still working on Color Affection.  This is my first with Socks that Rock and to say that I LOVE (love, love, love) this yarn might be a tad of an understatement.  I am ready to add the second contrasting color and begin the short rows.



However, Affection is going to the bottom of the basket for now because I have started Pam's Vest! Last night, I finished the back and started on the left front.  This is my first real experience using a chart and it is going well.  This project is just the confidence booster I need to tackle the Guernsey Wrap.



What is on or coming off your needles?



2 comments:

  1. that guernsey is seriously gorgeous... and you're making some serious progress on that color affection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously gorgeous is right! I bought the yarn and pattern back in 2010 when all I have made was one dishcloth! Ha! Talk about being discouraged. Now I welcome the challenge.

    ReplyDelete