Monday, July 30, 2012

works in progress...knitting



It is quite embarrassing to admit that I have multiple knitting works in progress.  My plan is to finish all of the wips listed here before the end of the year since the majority of them were started LAST year.  The madness must end. 

1.     Moderne Log Cabin Blanket – Mandy & Josh’s wedding gift...they got married last September.  Block 9 is all that remains to be knit.  It is only approx.  55,000 stitches...(huge sigh).
2.     Pam’s Vest...she has been waiting since last April.  Poor patient Pam.
3.     Mom’s Constant Companion...felting it is all that remains.
4.     KAL scarf with deci belle…she finished hers almost a year ago.
5.     SOCKS…two pairs on the needles.  Love Bugs and Happy Birthday!  Oh, socks...there is a whole post worthy of my feelings on socks.  Stay tuned.
6.     My Guernsey Wrap.  I started this before I even knew what charts were.  Ha!
7.     My Pogona

Call me crazy but in spite of these WIPS I have decided to cast on a new project.  Color Affection!  Yes, I too must have one of these.  In my defense, I am taking a trip and need a project that will travel well and keep me occupied in the down times.  I am using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Smoke on the Water, Porcini and Spinel that I purchased at the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon back in June.  I cannot wait for this beauty to be finished.

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad about your WIP's. I'm still working on a lace shawl I started in 2007. :) And I *love* the colors you chose for your shawl. I might need one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't let myself feel bad for to long! I am in love with these colors and the yarn as well. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! I can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so are you saying that I won't get a blanket like Mandy's when I get married?;(

    ReplyDelete